a story

Two gypsies young and old,
Gold bracelets, wavy hair.
Evening, cold and warm, 
Wind playing with the fire.
Tell me, old gypsy, you know everything,
Put pieces of my dreams together.
Old gypsy smiles, and mixing soup
Looks up somewhere far:
My daughter, if you only know.
When I was young like you...
I left my home, parents, brothers,
It wasn't for me I thought, run far away, was working, cut my hair short.
A woman stopped me in busy day, holding kids:
Tell gypsy, will my husband home.
It was rain, and children crying, wet,
They hurried seen me.
I said: he will be home, he will be home,
Wait near that green tree, one week from now.
She hugged me.
Some one else, again, again, new cards, "this gypsy never lying".
And you, my daughter, will get married soon, receive a letter, happy life, children, gift, long road.
I don't need cards, don't worry, I cannot see much since five,
I am imagining the life around.