Hidden Kingdom (screenplay by me)


INT.SMALL LIVING ROOM
Vicky, 8 years old cute girl and her mother Louisa, fashionably dressed woman in her early 30’s are painting flowers on small canvases. Both are looking dreamily and focused on their paintings.
Louisa leaves her head from the work and looks at Vicky, then walks quietly to the girls.
Louisa
(loud)
Vicky! What are you doing?

Vicky
(scared and tries to cover her painting)
Nothing mommy!
Louisa
(mad)
Don’t tell me you are painting a prince again. Let me see! Oh, no! Vicky!
Vicky
I am sorry mommy!
Louisa
Didn’t I tell you to stop paint all those princess and princesses? They don’t exist! At least here!
Vicky
But Daddy told me…
Louisa
I told you not to listen your father! All his stories just stupid! Why did you see him again!
Vicky
(almost crying)
I am sorry mommy!
Louisa
(calms down)
I am sorry Vicky.
Louisa goes on her knees near Vicky.
Louisa
Vicky… your father is a very nice man.  He is a dreamer. He lives in the beautiful world of his dreams with fairies, dragons, magic, but we Vicky, we need the money to pay for your school, for your clothes, for the food. We need the money for you to go visit your parents, and pay for this house.  When I met your father I loved his stories a lot until I had no food to eat and give you, when you were small. I was alone with you when you father was flying in his dreams. I had no one to help. This why Vicky we have to make our paintings and sell them, because they give us bread and shelter. Do you understand?
Vicky
Yes, mommy.
Louisa
Go to you room baby.
Vicky leaves the room and Louisa stays sitting on the floor wiping her tears.

2. INT.VICKI’S BEDROOM
Vicky enters the room and walks to the window.
Vicky
I wish I will become princes.
Far on the sky a star flies.

INT.VICKY’S BED ROOM – 10 YEARS AFTER.
Molly, Vicky’s best girlfriend is putting make up near the mirror stand.
Molly
Please, Vicky, lets go!
Vicky
I don’t know, mother doesn't like if I go out overnight.
Molly
Don’t worry, your mom always visits your aunt on Fridays. When she will be home on Sunday, you will be home too. Please, let’s go!
Vicky

I want to go so much! 


To be continue...