My Grandmother memories about Second World War - Part 10

Written from my grandmother Iraida name:

One day my uncle Mitia's girlfriend Tamara visited us.

I was washing dishes and I heard a bit how Tamara was talking to my mother.

"Tamara, don't go, may be you think again. Mitia, Petia, I don't what you to go. Sasha went to. He will fight for you. May be you think again..." - my mother said quietly.


"I made my decision, Sasha. I have to go. Everything will be fine. I finished nursing classes. Its 1943, it has to be the end for this war. " - Tamara said. (Sasha was my mother's name).

"Tamarochka, what if something happens to you? What will happen to your parents?"

"I will be fine." - Tamara started to cry.

My mother shaked Tamara a bit. They both were standing near the window.

"Tamara, listen, nothing will happen to you, you understand, just take care of yourself. We will look after your parents".

Then someone rang a car bell outside.

My mother and Tamara hugged each other, then Tamara hugged me. 

"I will be back soon", - Tamara smiled and left.

And Tamara was back. A few times she returned home, she had a few medals on her green shirt. Tamara cut her hair short, and she was different. I always remembered her as a cute girl, always laughing and couldn't sit still. And now she was strong, serious woman. Tamara was a nurse".