My grandmother's memories about Second World War

Written from my grandmother's name:

"What saved me at the war was that my both parents were with me. My mother and my father really stood up for me. My father was old to go to the army, he was working in the forest, cutting trees and loading trucks with wood, and at summer he helped on the farm (Collective farm "Iskra"). And my mother was working on the farm and at winter she was helping storing cut wood. Sometimes I did not see my father for weeks. 
And when he used to come back home for a little bit, he always had something for me and for my brother Sasha was in the Soviet Army. Many years after my father's friend said that my father did eat much of the food, he used to say:"I have a son at the war and a daughter at home." And he would leave almost everything for us. And my mother was very tired every night when she was returning from the farm, she usually would ask me: "Ira, did you eat?" and "Ira, did you do your home work?"