Prince – Mouse - my screenplay

Prince – Mouse.

Narrator
Far -  far away, long time ago there was a magic country called Zania.
Zania was ruled by King James.
King James
Hello!
King James had a son, Prince Daniel.
Prince Daniel is shyly smiling from his desk.
And the Queen had a secret – in the moment a mouse runs to the queen’s bedroom door and in the dark a woman shadow shows on the wall.

INT. KING’S CHAMBER
Army General talking to the King
Army General
Your present will be very necessary in building the new country, my King.

King James
I cannot leave my country as well.

Army General
You don’t have to leave your country.

King James
What do you mean?

Army General
Your son, Prince Daniel, can become the next King of Zania.
King James
Daniel, he is still a child.

Army General
He is seventeen.

King James
I have to think about it.

The Queen enters the room.

Queen
My dear!

King James
Sweetheart, you are up?

INT.KING’S CHAMBER – MOMENTS LATER



INT. PALACE – PRINCE ROOM EARLY MORNING.
King James enters Daniel’s bed room and skeptically looks on the pile of books and the vase with flowers on the window.
King James
We need to talk my son

Daniel
Now?

King James
May be my office will be better.

Daniel
(not happy)
Of course father.

King James
Great.

King James leaves Daniels room.

INT. KING JAMES CHAMBER.
King James is patently waiting for Prince Daniel.
Daniel is late.
King James
Oh boy!

Daniel enters the room followed by a few servants.

Prince Daniel
Did you call me father?

King James
My son, I have to tell you something very important… I cannot do it! Queen, mother!

The Queen, a beautiful ageless woman enters the room. She smiles at the King.

Queen
Daniel, you know how me and your father love you.  All you father wanted to say is that you have to become the King.

Prince Daniel
Why?

Queen
This what your father wanted to say.

Daniel
I don’t want to become a King, I don’t want to get married! I want to travel, I want to write a book.

King James
Daniel, I spoiled you as much as a could, now it is your turn to serve your country. Go to you room and get ready to see the princess Victoria - your future wife.

INT.PRINCE DANIEL BED ROOM – MINUTES LATER
Daniel is standing near the window.
The door opens and the Queen quietly enters the room.

Queen
Daniel…

Daniel turns to the queen.  He did not expect to see her.

Queen
Daniel, I know what you feel. So sad, a young man like you has to be forever stack in the boring palace. Look I show your something.

The queen pointed her hand to the mirror on the wall.
Queen
Look, it will be you.
Daniel looked in the mirror and saw a fat King who looks like Daniel sleeping on the throne.

Queen
You see, you will be fat, ugly, and lonely. All you will care is food and parties with people you don’t like. Is that what you want?

Daniel
(now under the queen’s  hypnosis)
No.

Queen
(smiling)

That’s good, I will help you. Wear my crown and you will be free to do anything you want.