...and we started to talk.
In 1940 we became good friends.
Her name was Julia, she was living as she said with her grandmother, aunt, uncle and their children.
When I was first time at their house, I thought they were people with old believes. Only living room was bright and warm, children beds were in it.
And the house was far from the city.
One time we were walking at night and I asked:
Aren't you scared to go home at night?
No,  - Julia laughter,  - why would I be scared?
They were making clothes for people, something else.
Grandmother never talked to me,
I was scared of her, always in black with brown eyes and wrinkled face and hands.
Only after a year, she put a plate in front of me on the table and said : "Eat with us today".
In May 1941 I went to see my family.
And in June on the radio we heard about the Second World War.
I tried to send letter to Julia, but no one replied. Then I heard her city was bombed and I went to find them.
My mother encourage me, don't just leave your friends.
It took forever to get there.
First time I saw the war.
Julia was home, her uncle and nephew left to the war.
Aunt was working but waiting for evacuation.
I am not going anywhere, the old grandmother said. I will stay here..