a story

A few times I was in a house where people prayed when religion was prohibited.
It was a small house, some one was living in it.
Made from wood, one living room, icons on the wall in the right corner.
After a while you just feel so bright inside.
You would believe in stories that Angels stopped by.
Just nice, nothing much, warm home made bread on the table, I still remember the smell, little bit of food: boiled potatoes, milk, salt and candies, white table cloth, everything clean.
Old ladies were smiling.
There were another kids...
The ladies kissed us in each cheek, blessed, hugged, turned around,
Told I look exactly like my grandma.
And I could see love in their eyes.
I was seven sitting on their hands, kissed all over my face, tickled, someone gave me a doll.
Then they prayed, it was like a song,
We were quiet, because the ladies were talking to God.
Each time we were told,
Just close your eyes, think, ask for the answer, say thank you,
All you need...