a story

Sometimes in August,
Many years ago,
After almost months of rain and bad weather,
I was going to work in my old city.
Everything was the same color,
Moody and not bright, people feeling the same.
I looked at the road, mud and thought for a second:
I don't want my children to live like that.
What about my " idiot dream", I read in the funniest book:
"One million is a dream of every idiot",
The main character with fun and humour was going trough all kind of stuff to make it come true.
After a while I left to live with my aunt in bigger city,
And later in new country, Canada.
I sacrificed my family, places I liked, couldn't see them every day..
Phone and Skype what we get.
I did it, we have to do what we have  to do.
Of course, I don't want to sacrifice forever.
If you see and I see my city now,
I know I was one hundred percent right.