1945, Destroyed burning building, what's left.
Can we make it?
The woman asked.
If I was with someone else,  I don't know,
When I am with you,
I know I can and so do you...
Young officer smiled.
Don't go close to the window. Why are you here?
War is not for women.
Men...
Just one?
No, men...
You went under bullets and fire because of men?
I told I am going for my country, she smiles back,
That's not first thing I was thinking; but I knew I will help.
You have a medal.
I am brave.
Men must like you.
They do...
What are you going to do after the war? Will be a doctor?
Why?! No, a teacher. It's good too, to teach children?! Right?
Right. How old are you?
Nineteen.
Have mother waiting at home?
Yes and sisters. What about you?
No, I don't have home.
I am from old village, we have beautiful places, river and forest. I have my own tree, birds made nest on it. My aunt said it's for good luck. See this cross, my grandmother took it from her neck and placed on mine. When we will get out, please visit us.
You have to get out alone?
Why?
They will not let you go with me, I am an officer and you are just a girl. Both we won't get out...Take off your clothes, you will need white cloth.
What are you going to do??
I am a soldier.
Well, I am not leaving you....
They got married after the war.