Russian nurse

1941, Second World War,
Young Russian nurse dancing
On a mobile hospital floor.
Green uniform, medal and smile.
Like nothing to worry,
Nothing to cry.

Everyone’s laughing, no sirens.
Old doctor quietly said:
Now I know,
We always will win.
For girls like this we will stay until the end.
We will stay until the end.

The first winter battle,
Fire and ice,
Bombs, flying grenades, fast dirty tanks.
No time to worry,
No time to cry.
Go under fire,
Save life after life.
Red captain, can’t see the face,
Looked at her eyes and
Wiped all burned hands:
For girls like this
We will stay until the end.
We will stay until the end.

1945, near Berlin,
Surrounded house,
Only one our soldier,
Out of hundred survived.
He gives the nurse gun:
Girl, you can ran,
Beg them, believe,
You are young, you have to live.
Leave me here,
I don’t think I’ll make it anyway.
Take the gun, do what I say.

What the nurse said,
How she smiled:
I am not leaving you,
The war will end.
And we,
We will stay until the end,
We will stay until the end.