old song

One dinner old man was singing and playing guitar,
This very famous song,
It was long time ago and everyone who was at that dinner was listening quietly...
For everyone we knew, the old man said. .

Why everything is different today?
Looks like the same:
Same trees, sky, air,
Only he didn't return from the fight.
I will never understand 
Which of us was right in our talks,
Our beats without thinking.
Only now I realize how much I need him
When he didn't return from a fight.
He was quite, made silly remarks, 
He didn't know what to say, couldn't sing well,
Talked what no one asked,
But yesterday didn't return from a fight.
I am not talking that it's empty without him,
I am saying that only now
I realized it was two of us.
Like no fire any more when he didn't return from a fight.
I called his name, silence was the answer 
He didn't return yesterday from a fight.
People who left us will always on our side in the hardest time,
Will help like guardians.
We had enough place together,
We went to this war together,
The time was flying for both of us,
And I have it all alone now,
He didn't return yesterday from a fight