My grandmother's memories about the Second World war.

It was 1949, after the war. I was studying in medical university and at summer, as usual, back home, helping my parents.

We were on the farm working with other girls.

My aunt ran to me, sweating from the long run.

“Where's is your mother?! A man from Moscow is looking for her. Go, met him, he is in my house. Wear this."

She said, breathing heavily and pushing me her the best blouse.

At that time, Moscow was another reality, something we all rely on. The capital of our country.

I fast walk home thinking why someone from Moscow is looking for my mother.

I opened the door at my aunt's house and there's was a young man sitting at the table.

And when I looked at him, he stood up and nodded.

I felt like a basket of cold water was thrown over me. Fresh, cool feeling, refreshing at hot summer day.

I kind of froze a little from that feeling.

He told me after, he had the same feeling.

He was dressed in the suit, and was wearing hat. He had tiny smell of cologne. And looked very different from the men here.

He had gentle, soft look. His hand, when he shacked mine, was soft too.

“I have this letter" – he said.

I read the letter. Some one was asking my mother to help this young former soldier and heal him.

After, I understood, he was in the battle, in the tank, riding it. The tank was shot in the battle and exploded leaving this man with many injuries.

My mother got home. We went to our house. She looked at him, at me and said: “I will help you".

He was living with us for one year. After a while he invited me to Moscow to see his family.