My grandmother's memories about the Second World war.

In few days, very short from the time the Second World war had started, my uncle stopped by our house.
The though of war was known, people thought about it, it was in the air, because Western Europe was already attacked and occupied. Only thing, we didn't believe the German would attack us too, and it will be very fast and massive on the amount of land they quickly invade.
My uncle was wearing a suit. His only one special occasions suit. He didn't walk from the main entrance. He walked from the back door, from the garden where we were growing potatoes and vegetables, it was big land. And further were huge farm lands. Actually all the gardens on our street were facing that way, the farm lands.
He smiled sitting on the bench.  Then he took harmonica, very small music instrument wich he always carried with him on weekends. He would sit and play and if there where birds around, the birds would sing with him playing. When we were small, he would take us somewhere far, to play and stay overnight listening stories. And birds would fly and sit on his shoulder and listen too.
“I got a note to join the army. Tomorrow morning I am leaving. Save this until I come back ,“ – he said giving harmonica to my father. My father was hesitant for few seconds, he knew, my uncle would never leave his harmonica. It was special.
“That's okay, we will fight” – my father replied.
In a day or two our neighbor came earlier to the house. She was already wearing military uniform. She brought her cat and two kittens.
“Our hospital is leaving “. She looked almost apologizing. "They don't want cats". She was young. How I always remember her. Young woman in military uniform holding a box with two kittens. And my uncle, looking far away and playing harmonica.