just a written thought

I have a very personal and true story about how I have found my road to God;
how I started to believe in God.
I was a young girl living in the Soviet Union, where the religion of
Christianity was prohibited and prosecuted against by the government since
1917.
I was six years old and it was New Years Eve. I received a fancy oil
painting box set as a New Years gift and for some reason I started to thank
God for It almost immediately and I know this is where my friendship with
God began.
I was looking towards the dark night sky through the window and was quietly
saying “Thank you God” again and again, and from that time on; God was my
friend!
At that moment I could never have imagined that my parents would one day get
divorced; That life in our city would soon change for the worst, or that
even the art school I later attended would be influential in protecting me
from the bad influences of the surrounding streets.
Over time I've forgotten about that New Years Eve night, until one afternoon
at the age of fourteen years old, I finally excepted that I belonged to God
and understood that he is always with me. Later on I realized the power of
prayer and its ability to change someone’s life, and especially how it could
improve my own.
This is my true story; The story of a girl from a small Russian city who is

now an optimistic young woman living in Canada.