my grandmother's story

After I graduated from school,
My mother said: you have to go to medical university,
Take my dreams be the best doctor you can.
And I went to another city, it wasn't easy.
At that time we used food cards,
Only one loaf of bread every two weeks,
Little bit potatoes and milk from home.
After the war, we had to give to the country all.
One boy, a young man, I don't know,
I liked a lot, we had fun, talking about our university, life, studied together for a while.
He walked me home and one day, everything, my clothes, food, was gone...
In a few days without food, I thought it was time go home.
The next evening a big bag was near my door,
With my clothes, bread, meat, little bit money,
I couldn't believe.
And a letter from this man, he said sorry and I didn't see him until I was more than fifty,
For university anniversary.
Afrer that time, taking all I had,
He had a dream or not, hard to believe, to return everything.