Great grandpa, great grandpa,
Tell us a story!
"..She was a gypsy.
I don't remember how exactly she looked,
What she was wearing..
All I remember her eyes and smile.
I was working on the farm and some one called me:
Can we stop somewhere here?
I looked up and a young gypsy smiled to me.
They stopped near our river, few wagons travelling from South to North.
Our parents were very angry because
I started to see her.
Nothing much, only talk.
That night old gypsy was reading cards.
She got sad, soon you will never see each other again.
Then the war started,
I left in November.
She promised she will be waiting for me,
Stay near the river until the war is over.
I would find her, were our last words.
She took of a bracelet from her hand:
We are not allowed to give it,
I am wearing it from my birth,
I am giving you all my life, you come back.
And all four years I would see her beautiful eyes, smile.
I knew nothing would happen to me..
After the war the gypsies were gone.
Trough newspapers I tried to find her for few years.
I got a letter from her aunt that her family starved at the third winter...