his name was grandpa

His name was "grandpa".
Years went by,
He would be or is close to one hundred now.
Would he recognized me and ask how is my life? 
He would ...
When I was moody, sometimes,
He would look at me and say:
What's wrong with you?
And it would make me laugh,
And it's until now.
One time he asked me
To go and buy bread,
I said "no",
He asked again, and I said "no",
Was no reasons really.
He slapped the door hard, said something rude, only one time.
He spent years and years in jails,
Thief in law, was his title, the highest in their society.
Stories from his youth, young years, talking for hours about life..
Teaching me how to play cards,
I never lost it.
He was living with us for a year,
I was listening, making dinner on our small kitchen
And didn't believe him sometimes.
Strangers would ring our bell and give a bag with food,
At the times when the supermarkets were pretty much empty,
I still remember the smell of tomatoes and cucumbers, strawberries and cherries.
When he wanted to go anywhere there was always a car waiting, exactly on time.
He was released earlier because of his health,
And a year after he left away with a woman and gave me a gold ring,
The one I am mostly wearing..