just a thought

My older stepbrother was in army; 18 years old - go to army. He went to the army, then he asked for a special assignment following some friends who wanted to make money, because it was going to a war zone. He went for it, without telling his parents. My father called to the location, and no one knew where my stepbrother was. Then we found out he was at the war zone (1996, 97 I think).
Their group was attacked so bad, that only 3 people were left, and they couldn't get out for a week, hiding behind some mountain, rocks, trees. It was not a joke, training, it was a real thing. After the risque mission, my stepbrother left the army almost the same day and had to see psychiatrist for a year. Later with those 2 man, he was hiding with, they opened own business in Moscow, got married the first time and learned to never risk own life for anyone.