just a thought

When I was growing up,
My father never raised his voice on me,
Never said no.
I called him when I wanted something or talked about my little things, school,  college,  university.
I was a teenager and after a bit grown up.
He called me once a week asking if I need anything.
Even now he agrees with all I do,
I did, do, will do, he is okay with anything.
I always talk to him more.
And my mom, I didn't understand her for some time,
Especially in school.
Now it's different,  I am different too.
At that time she was angry about every little things.
If she didn't understand or agreed,  it was wrong,
Was mad, talked non stop until I would go to grandmother or outside, and do she wants.
She hit me one time with a book for not doing my homework.
Then she was doing it for me for a year, the last grade to have better diploma.
May be it's something to do with being a mother and a woman.
Women more emotional,  taking too personal.
If we look at the birds, they don't keep their children forever in the nest, they have to learn to fly and find food, build own homes.
Kids will grow up anyway, will go own way,
All we can really teach is how to be safe, give education and be friends so they call us first if they need something, won't hide anything.
And of course build good own life as an example,
Be happy.
Children have to blend in in our big world, learn, be comfortable and strong on their own.
I am reading between the lines,
And remember,
Everything is going to be all right.
Many roads are new, with sense of humor,  they will be funny too and great:)