Poem number two (for my grandmother).


A nurse and a soldier,
Destroyed burning, they are only who left from a group.
1945, winter, the Second World War.
Can we make it?  - she asks.
He smiles like nothing is wrong at all:
If I was with someone else, I don't know,
When I am with you, I know, I can,
And so can you.
Don't go close to the window.
Their dialog:
Why are you here, a young girl like you? (he)
Men, - she answers.
Just one, the one you love, - he likes her and wants to know.
No, men…(she)
You went under fire because of men?! (he)
I told I was going for my country, - she smiles may be dreaming.
You have medals, men must love you. (he)
They do. (she)
What are you going to do after the war?
Be a doctor? (he)
I want to be a teacher, it's good to teach children, right?
She smiles back, waiting for his approval.
We will teach them how to live without war.
Are you going back home? (she)
I don't have home, my city was bombed in 1941. (he)
Do you want to go with me, - she asks.
To my small city.
We have beautiful places, river, forest, rye lands.
You can meet my parents, my grandmother.
We have a house in the forest,
Near beautiful river, it goes through the forest.
I have my own tree, birds made a nest on it.
When I was leaving to the army,
People said it’s for good luck and I will be back.
I will go with you, - the soldier says quietly.
Now, you have to get out from here.
Why? (she)
They won't let us go together,
Take off your uniform.
I am a soldier and you are only a girl. (he)
What about you?
The nurse is asking looking deeply in the soldier’s eyes.
I cover you, go. (he)
No, I am not leaving you.
We will stay right here together and wait until the war will end.
I am not leaving you. (she)
They got married after the war.