It was almost night December 31, 1999.
Like probably all Russian families,
We were celebrating New Year Eve.
My grandmother, mother, sister, aunt and few friends.
At "Wishing you Happy New Year" speech,
First Russian President Boris Yeltzin said usual words about the country and people,
And that he decided to resign and Prime Minister Vladimir Putin will act like Russian President until the new election.
I still remember how happy I became.
Like spring went to my mind,
And I think it's stays there.
Personally I like Boris Yeltzin a lot.
He opened Russia to the world and let the world to see true Russian beauty.
He gave us real freedom, humour and knowledge of our real history.
He was very strong man, already old and may be we understood it was time for him to find new leader.
So in December 31, 1999 at 12 pm,
That freshness of spring went to my mind, thinking,
Almost immediately were fireworks,
I was outside in my summer high hills and green dress I was wearing drinking champagne with people I didn't know.
For a long while after I was happy for me and my country..
It was my youth and beautiful night.