Nurse and soldier,
Destroyed burning building, what's left of it,
Second World war.
“Can we make it?"
The nurse is asking gain.
She is very young.
"If I was with someone else
I don't know.
When I am with you,
I know I can and so can you",
The soldier is smiling, he is young too.
Instead of a party, they met at the war.
"Don't go close to the window.
Why you are here? Young woman like you.
War is not for women".
"I went for the men".
"Just one?"
"No, men.."
"You went under fire because of men?"
The solder is laughing.
"But you have a medal?"
"I am brave. I said I am going for my country".
"Men must like you a lot".
"They do".
What are you going to do after the war?
Will be a doctor. It’s good, right..
Now, she is smiling.
You mother is waiting for you at home (the soldier)
Yes. What about you? (the nurse).
I don't have home.
He is sad.
She is touching the soldier's hand:
I am from old village, we have beautiful places, river, forest.
I have my own tree, birds made nest on it right before I signed to the army.
My aunt said, it's for good luck.
See, this cross my grandmother took from her neck and wore on me.
Please, visit us.
I will. Now, you have to go.
Take off uniform, give me your medal.
You only a girl, I cover.
Try to get there, - the solder points his hand, - and hide.
What about you?
We will not get out together, I am a soldier.
I am not leaving you..
They got married after the war...