One of my Happiest New Years Celebrations!

It was 2000! I was celebrating the New Year Eve with my family in my grandmother' s apartment in Russia.

As usual we were watching the TV shows, concerts and movies and waiting for the Russian President BorisYeltsin toast and a New Year Wish.

And Boris Yeltsin said that Vladimir Putin (who was a Prime Minister) will be replacing him as the Russian President.

Oh, my Goodness, I still feel and remember who happy we were at this moment. Even my grandmother had a few tears in her eyes. I was happy, exited like my biggest wish at that time came true. Just in a few seconds I heard fireworks on our streets, people talking loud and laughing. I ran outside, without winter coat, I think I had a sweater on.

The streets were full of people. I am from a small city and I had never seen as many people together at the same time. Every one was happy, talking about the news and happy that Vladimir Putin will be the new President.

I like Boris Yeltsin very much, because he opened Russia to the world and he let the world to see true Russian beauty. And I am thankful to Vladimir Putin for that special New Year!