My story

Some one asked my: Why do you write about the Second World War?

And I said:

It was a time in my life when I had no idea what I am going to do. Like many immigrants I asked myself - why I am here in the foreign country, far from my family, with a baby, without good job, no much money, thinking about food, bills, rent. I felt just queting and giving up.

And I remember, I was in a small book store with my son and I looked at the stand with books for sale. There was a book about the war and the first page I looked was an article about Russian women during that war.

I saw the strong Russian women - in the active army, our destroyed cities and small villages. The women who did not cry and run to their father, who did not give up and stopped believing.

I saw the women who stood until the end - stood until the victory!

I have asked my grandmother to write her memories and I wrote a few poems about the Russian women and have found old pictures in my family albums.

The most of all - I feel stronger as a woman, because I know, no matter what, I have the road to go, the goals to win and the strong and beautiful Russian women who stood behind me.


,