The witch - a story from my childhood

One time my best girlfriend Zanna said: "I think some one cursed me. I found the witch who can take off the curse. Lets go to see her".

And we went to an old Russian village, not far from our city and easily found that woman' house. The house was very nice, and the garden was beautiful with a lot of fruits and vegetables.

The witch, I think I would call her "a healer" was an old lady, dressed like most women who lived on the Soviet farms: pants, skirt, shirt and sweater and traditional head scarf. She was very good to us, very happy to see us like we were her best friends.


She to go to buy two eggs from her neighbor who had chickens. We bought the eggs and then the witch boiled them little bit in the salty water.  "The salt cleans everything, - she said, - this why some people before and now too, sprinkle little bit of salt on child's head, so the all negative energy will be gone".

When the eggs were in the water for may be 5 minutes, she broke them on the white paper. "See, if you see a foot print, the egg yolk will be in foot shape if something did something bad to you. And what you do is to throw the egg in the garbage and read a few prayers. And take a shower with milk and salt too. Its always help. You girls are fine, so go home".

After that visit, both of us, who wanted to go to colleges and universities, felt much much better!