story

When we were small, mostly old women,
Great grandmother, her friends were watching us.
It was strange, because we stopped talking or see them,
When our country changed into new country,
Like if they were a part of the old world and it was gone.
We would follow to see how people used to live somewhere in forest,
Pick dried grass from them, berries, wild honey.
You go far in the forest and you see a house with old man,
He fixed back traumas, made people walk again.
All house was full of stuff, no TV, no newspapers.
He was teaching how to make tea,
And all we wanted to run away.
Now, I would may be stay and learn.
Years later we went back, but couldn't find anyone,
Forest changes, someone said.
Then somewhere in the new city,
I went few times, everything is dirty, the same buildings,
Inside the apartment like a palace, white furniture, food, piano, violin.
Popular folk group was dancing only for few people near the river.
One woman could show future and you can see and hear.
Who else? A man mentality of a child,
He told if we go in the morning to the end of the city,
There would be a tree with a bird,
And the bird would bring us to a blanket, if you open it,
It goes to magic land.
We believed in it.
Here, never, I let my son, play outside on his own,
I follow him everywhere.
We, children, used to play outside.
My mom would say, the house is clean, does it.
A woman was living in our building,
She old, to us, scary looking, and she did have one hand.
We thought she was a witch, used to hide when she was walking.
After we found out, she was an army nurse,
Almost a hero of the Second World War,
Our grandparents generation.
It was a big article about her in the newspaper.
We used to play in the basement of our apartment building,
Babysit small children, a lot of things.
And then almost the same time it was all gone.
My life was school, grandmothers hospital where she was working and art school.
Sometimes I would write or read something to the street boys,
Naive poems.
They had girlfriends, sometimes they go somewhere, come back,
Go again, bring us cute candies, bubble gum.
We had nick names.
At that time I was shy, but I liked to dress like prostitute,
For some reason it was my idea, inspiration of freedom.
Those boys messed up my life, I thought at that time,
Because other school kids
Stayed kind of away from me, but they used to do a lot of crazy stuff,
I was never invited, no one would sell me cigarettes,
In our school it was so cool.
Boys didn't want to go out with me,
Only teachers became nicely, I have good diploma.
I was so happy when they got educated, those boys,
Went to universities.
Now, years and years, later,
I dont see my high school friends,
The one I know, we have nothig much to talk about,
I am still like at that time era:
Work, kid, go to gym, go out now, dress the same, taking only vitamins,
Not sure if the vitamins are doing something.