Welcome to the dark side.

...we walked and walked, I think for days. More then anything we were afraid to get caught by Nazis again. I saw building and it was red flag on it.  We got to our people.
I had concussion and scars in shape of stars on my back. Julia had broken nose and bruises.
What was that? - I asked when we both felt better.
She smiled,  looking surprised as always.
His name is Luthifer.. Don't worry.
Are you witches?
No, - Julia smiled again. We bring echo to portals.
It was our last time we saw each other at war.
We both joined the regular army.
...we were walking with the group, had to cross road with small bridge over it, everything was checked and told it was clear. Black shadow run across the road, under the bridge. I screamed, every one turned to me.
We can't go there, I said.
From the way I looked, we walked to another side. It was Nazi snappers hiding over there.  We met them at the back.