90 s

Every summer and autumn
We had groups of gypsies living on the streets of our city.
Women with new born babies,  children were begging for money.
It was summer day, I remember I was wearing shorts and a blouse, waiting for the bus.
Gypsy boy, may be seven, asked me, near the stop:
Can you please give me little bit of money.
I started to look in my bag for some change hoping the bus will be here,
And the boy, skinny, tiny, says:
You are so beautiful,
I have seen a lot of beautiful women, but no one like you.
And I smile, like I always do when I am almost "out of the hook".
What do you want?
I ask.
Little food a d a toy,
The boy is looking at me, big brown eyes and long eyelashes.
I am giving him all the money I have,
And it's a lot even for adult,
I was going shopping line we used to one's in a few months on the local market.
The gypsy boy is happy and surprised runs to the group of gypsies.
One of the women goes to me and says:
Thank you for giving money to my son,
She is young too, in her thirties may be.
And gives me a dried piece of tree:
This is for good luck. ..
I had this small piece in my bag for more then a year..