I don't think so

My grandmother was a doctor for 55 years, some people still writing her letters. When she was 16 years old one of her family member was told he will make it, and my grandmother was with this person for some time trying to make him happy, saying nice words, holding hand, then she had a strong though "I don't think so!" and continue doing what she was doing. That person was fine and recovered.
And my son was born on the day of a scheduled baby induction (one week late) when the doctors drag the baby and the mother to get out the baby. I remember I said the day before;"I don't think so" and I exercise, I eat (which you suppose not), because I knew I am not going to let it happen and the baby did not think ether. In stead of going to a surgery room we went to regular room with a lot of Russian nurses... And it was a perfect day.