...

A nurse and soldier,
Destroyed burning,
1945, winter Second World War.
Can we make it?  - she asks.
He smiles like nothing is wrong:
If I was with someone else, I don't know,
When I am with you, I know, I can,
And so can you.
Don't go close to the window,
Why are you here,  young girl like you?
Men, - she says.
Just one, the one you love.
No, men..
You went under fire because of men?!
I told I was going for my country.
You have medals, men must love you.
They do.
What are you going to do after the war?
Be a doctor?
I want to be a teacher, it's good to teach children, right?
She smiles back, waiting for his approval.
Are you going back home?
I don't have home, my city was bombed in 1941.
Do you want to go with me,
To my small village, we have beautiful places, river, forest.
See this old necklace, it's for good luck.
I go with you, - the soldier says quietly,
Now, you have to get out,
They won't let us go together,
Take off your uniform,
I am a soldier and you are only a girl.
What about you?
I cover you, go.
No, I am not leaving you,
We will stay right here until the end of this war.
They got married after the war. .